Operations ControllerSilven Recruitment Posted 17/02/2020
Do you want a role heading up Operations, with opportunities for career progression, working for a growing food manufacturer with sites throughout the UK?
Finsbury Food Group (FFG) is a leading speciality bakery manufacturer, with £320m turnover, and 3,200 employees, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and the foodservice channel.
Lightbody Celebration Cakes is part of Finsbury Food Group Plc. It is the largest of three sites that make up the Finsbury Food Group Cake Division.
It is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of pre-packed cakes to retailers and wholesalers. The business is predominately retailer branded however It also produces under the Thornton’s, Disney, Weight Watchers and Mars brands, as well as its own Memory Lane brand.
Role: Operations Controller (Senior Operations Manager)
Location: Hamilton, Near Glasgow, Scotland
Salary: £very competitive salary plus benefits
- Do you have experience of leading Operations on a fast-paced, large food manufacturing site?
- Can you clearly demonstrate experience of leading high performing and engaged teams?
- Have you worked on sites supplying the major grocery multiples in the UK?
- Ideally, are you educated to degree level or equivalent in a business or manufacturing or engineering subject?
- Do you have the potential to be a future Site Director?
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions, please read on….
The Role includes:
- This is a key role within the site leadership team and will own, control and develop the Operations function to ensure the required results.
- Ability to effectively lead and engage the teams through change management programmes.
- To manage, develop an efficient operation in line with the site plan and key business performance indicators.
- To own the development and implementation of the Operations strategy and plans in line with the Site strategy.
- Demonstrate visible leadership for the teams and in line with Company Values at all times.
- Work with the Operations, Engineering and Technical teams to ensure a culture of continuous improvement that is common-place and working effectively and collaboratively.
What will you get?
- A company that is growing both organically and through acquisition.
- A company committed to CSR, that works with charitable organisations, gives back to the community and is serious about sustainability.
- An excellent remuneration and benefits package.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref JP/6557 to our retained consultant email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call on 0845 003 6872 or mobile 07792 465338. All third party CV’s will be forwarded to Silven for consideration.