NPD TechnologistSilven Recruitment Posted 24/02/2020
Job Reference: GG/6803
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will support the sales team with all activities linked to innovation and customer/supplier relations.
Development and innovation of products:
- Assessment and prioritisation of new briefs in cross functional fashion
- Log and prioritise brief with the cross functional team
- Prepare recipes and action plan with technologist
- Manage the step by step development in stage gate format
- Prepare bench scale samples and review with customers (internally and externally). Organise shipment of samples
- Organise and lead factory trial.
- Choose and order ingredients.
General Admin and documentation preparation for customers and production:
- Prepare recipes, nutritionals, specifications
- Contribute to audits
- Manage recipe cost
General Quality Tasks:
- Contribute to HACCP and hygiene, GMP for the site and NPD.
- Manage shelf-life and ingredients / finished product risks. Make recommendations
- Organise workload against business priorities
- Manage NPD roles, responsibilities and performance.
- Ensure admin management task are carried out
- Food science training and experience in NPD department in the food industry
- Enjoy routine paperwork and admin
- Computer literate
- Attend meeting and take action.
- Work cross functionally
- Attention to detail (reporting of correct information into database)
- Enjoy work in the shop floor
- Good cross functional and communication skills for dealing with internal and external customers.
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/6803.