NPD ControllerSilven Recruitment Posted 06/09/2019
Job Title: NPD Controller
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & Executive package to attract the best
An exciting opportunity is available in the role of New Product Development Controller as part of the Innovation team at Saputo Dairy UK. The business (formerly Dairy Crest) is a subsidiary of Saputo Inc., one of the top 10 Dairy Processors in the world, and leading Cheese Manufacturer.
The Saputo Dairy UK portfolio delivers annual revenue in excess of £450M Net Sales Value (NSV) with contribution from well-known brands such as Cathedral City, Davidstow, Clover, Country Life, Vitalite, Utterly Butterly and Willow in addition to retailer own brands.
AS NPD Controller you will contribute to the delivery of an ambitious business target of 10% NSV of turnover from new products launched in the last three years. The role is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to, and learn from, a wealth of expertise within the global dairy industry and work with some great tasting household brands!
- We’re looking for a highly experienced NPD professional , who has successfully led and inspired New Product and Packaging Development Teams within a Food Manufacturing environment.
- As New Product Development Controller,you will develop and deliver winning product experiences that consumers love and fit within the long term innovation strategy.
- Your background will ideally be Food Science, Food Technology, Science, Nutrition or Chemical Engineering Degree or Equivalent , with a high level of proven technical ability, understanding and experience across new product and packaging development
- High levels of commercial awareness are one of the keys to success in this role as well your ability to talk the language of the consumer. Your extensive project management skills coupled with naturally collaborative style will ensure the delivery of exceptional results .
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of understanding and working with complex regulatory
Key responsibilities include:
Reporting to the Innovation Director , as NPD Controller (Base location is flexible ) You will lead , motivate and manage a talented team of product, process and packaging specialists who are accountable for meeting research & development actions across a large number of innovation projects spanning new products to value engineering.
A key part of your role will be to contribute to the production and maintenance of a 3-5 year product development pipeline in order that Saputo Dairy UK can continue to offer a portfolio of new opportunities and value creation for our brands and consumers.
As NPD controller you will ensure all new products & processes are transferred from pilot scale to production by providing process specifications, completing the necessary trials to deliver confidence and reliability, establish process capability & control instructions, ensuring trainingof relevant production personnel and that relevant sign off documentation is compiled
Monitor and manage trial budget and overhead spend and introduce measures where appropriate to control within budget guidelines.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MC/5804 or call Max on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.