Mechanical Engineering TechnicianSilven Recruitment Posted 21/04/2020
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Salary: £51,500 (Starting Salary)
Hours: 6pm-6am (Continental Shift Pattern)
Job reference: GG/7096
The role will include providing full Mechanical Engineering support to the production function under the leadership of the Site Services Manager and by working alongside the production team and engineering function.
Engineering Technicians will work effectively with others as part of a team consisting of Team Manager, Advanced Team Members and Team Members, who together possess all the skills to convert product on an hour-by-hour basis complying with quality, safety and any other legislative requirements.
- Effective planned maintenance inspections as per plan, reviewing frequencies, parts used, recommending alternative parts/vendors, meantime between failure
- Recommend improvements to maintenance
- Overhaul and repair of
- Complete stores requisitions for parts and contract services (on the SAP system or equivalent), including expediting deliveries with
- Continually monitor plant conditions and report
- Deliver a consistent and improving plant reliability through the effective management and monitoring of downtime, PPM conformance, engineering planning, use of SAP PM and elements of the engineering
- Report and present all performance matters routinely, including trends and breakdown/fault data.
- Act as the team champions of good engineering
- Carry out safety checks on equipment in line with legislation and best
- Ensure the Permit to Work (PTW) system is controlled in an effective and safe manner including the issuing of permits
- To competently test and run food manufacturing equipment as and when required, for example following repair and
- Help to generate and maintain compliance to DSOP’s/ Risk
- Carry out work in a standardised
- Minimise waste and re-cycle all product
- Maintain high standards of Hygiene and
- Actively use on line PQE (or equivalent) as a means of achieving quality
- Report plant performance using appropriate company systems and ensure action on/communication of non-conformance
- Ensure operational key information is effectively communicated to colleagues and other shift
- Complete any relevant documentation on time and in
- Carry out engineering duties and tasks across the factory as deemed necessary and suitable to reduce idle
- Consider and Apply sustainability, waste minimisation and Energy consumption where appropriate
- Support site services where
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with GG/7096 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.