Logistics ManagerPosted 9th February 2018
Posted by: Silven recruitment
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: East of England, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire
Salary: c £45k
- Do you have several years’ experience in a Logistics Manager within a manufacturing or distribution business ?
- Are you looking for your next challenge?
- Can you work in a team that strives to succeed?
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions, please read on…..
- Management, development & direction of the Logistics team
- 3PL & 4PL Management across Warehouse & Distribution for UK and International markets – ensuring we are working with the best partners for our business needs
- Integrity of stock through auditable book to book management – external sites only
- Stock Counting (Annual and Cycle), fully auditable and recorded and within contractual tolerances – external sites only
- Contribution to and delivery of Logistics Projects
- Active budgetary accountability, working closely with the Logistics & Customer Services Controller (responsible) & Senior Finance Manager – Logistics
- Excellence in customer service levels through day to day ownership of performance, communication & corrective management when required working closely with the Customer Services Manager
- Ongoing Red Book compliance across all managed sites & suppliers, such as, implementing full legal contracts and ensuring all levels of control are in place
- Risk & resilience with defined business continuity plans
- Administration of primary logistics requirements, supplier invoicing and customer returns
- Promote a culture of positive safety behaviours through your own actions and that of your team, addressing poor behaviour and poor working practices with rigour, improving 3PL safety performance as appropriate.
Drive, develop and adhere to Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements i.e. BRC, IFS
- My client, a global food manufacturer who has invested heavily across site improvements are looking for experienced career driven candidates to work and progress through the company.
- The company is keen to develop its staff through training and rewards progress.
Due to the high volume of responses to online advertisements, regrettably we are only able to acknowledge successful applications. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref mc3494 or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 07792 465247.