Junior Development TechnologistSilven Recruitment Posted 24/02/2020
Junior Development Technologist
Job Reference: GG/6563
This is an entry level position with a well-established food manufacturer which produces an incredibly popular range on products.
- Follow the NPD Process, completing all required paperwork in an accurate & timely manner. Escalate to direct line manager any deviations from process.
- Produces kitchen samples from recipes provided.
- Liaising with other departments to request/ gathering raw materials, arranging couriers.
- Samples produced are labelled accurately and supporting information accompanies samples when sent to customer.
- Carries out all necessary parameter checks on all samples produced from kitchen or factory trials, and accurately records the information.
- Carry out benchmarking and taste panels.
- Be able to manage own timescales escalating to line manager when timescales are unachievable.
- Write QAS documents for new products and amendments to products which are detailed and accurate, with support initially but working towards being able to write without guidance.
- Carry out basic factory trials with support.
- Carries out shelf life testing.
- Keeps direct manager up to date with project process.
- Maintain excellent organisation of kitchen and storage areas.
- Keep up to date with food trends and macro trends which influence food choices. Start to make proactive product ideas and product improvements.
Food Related Degree or experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, in particular excel
- Can do attitude
- HACCP awareness either through workplace or degree
- Passionate about food
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with GG/6563 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.