Head of QualitySilven Recruitment Posted 13/01/2020
Head of Quality
Up to £80,000 (+ £6,000 Car Allowance + 20% Bonus)
Job Reference: GG/6407
A key role within a very well established and rapidly growing food, nutrition and pharmaceutical company. If you are a strong leader of people with a science degree and a drive the succeed, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Established over 200 years ago, this business is a leader in their field, employing close to 300 people in north Cheshire. Backed by a global plc, the company is experiencing a period of rapid growth. They have doubled in size in the last 10 years (in terms of sales, profit, site footprint and volume produced) and they are set to continue the same trajectory.
Part of the senior leadership team, the role is essential to the continued success of the business and you will be highly valued. The role will only get bigger as the company continues to grow, so it will suit somebody ambitious.
- To manage a team of 16-18 staff (3 direct reports)
- To be part of the Senior Management Team, responsible for the day-to-day and strategic management of the Company.
- To manage and carry out supplier audits and an internal audit program.
- To maintain and improve the company’s existing Quality Management System.
- To participate during inspections and audits by external bodies such as the MHRA, BRC and customers, including the review of previous audit reports and planning appropriate remedial action.
- To communicate significant quality issues and corrective/preventative actions to the rest of the Company’s Senior Management.
- To successfully represent the Company’s quality function to regulators, customers and suppliers.
- A Science Degree (ideally Chemistry)
- Strong management experience
- Experience of complex manufacturing
- A background in a highly regulated industry (e.g. pharma, food, cosmetics, nutrition or speciality chemicals)
- A breadth of experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Validation
- Problem solving skills and pragmatism
- Up to £80,000 per annum
- A fully expensed Company Car or car allowance (c. £6k)
- A discretionary bonus of up to 20% of annual salary (based on individual and company performance)
- Contributory pension (matched + 1%)
- 25 Days Holiday
- Life assurance (3x salary death in service benefit)
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or email@example.com quoting reference GG/6407.