Factory General Manager – FoodPosted 23rd May 2019 (4 weeks ago)
Factory General Manager – Food
Location: West Midlands
Salary: c£90K + executive benefits
Do you want to work for a successful, well known company who pride themselves on integrity?
It really is a perfect time to join them. We have a fantastic opportunity for a General Manager to lead and inspire the site.
It’s a great role, so if you want the scope to make a difference in a progressive and entrepreneurial environment then this could be your next role.
- We’re looking for an inspirational General Manager who has a real passion for Manufacturing. You will have experience of working at GM level and have managed multi-functional teams in a food manufacturing environment.
- You will have a strong operational management background and can demonstrate successful leadership skills. You will be commercially astute and can set and deliver site budgets and strategy.
- As a successful Site General Manager, you will have extensive change management experience, with the proven ability to engage and inspire at all levels, optimising results across the business through “Lean Manufacturing”.
- You will be a natural motivator, with a holistic approach. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
- You’ll be commercially astute, have strong analytical skills
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Board you will own and deliver the Safety and Operational Performance of the Site
- Collaborate with the wider site teams to devise, decide and deliver the operational site-based decisions that optimise the group customer and financial objectives
- Develop, govern and deliver significant change programmes improving the profitability, efficiency, quality, safety and customer satisfaction of the site
- Participate in acquiring new business by working with Sales teams to demonstrate the production capabilities of the Site
- Collaborate with Continuous Improvement Manager to deliver ongoing continuous improvement activities.
- Be a role model and inspiration for your people and the wider business at all times and in everything you do.
- Managing a team of c250 colleagues you will be responsible for leading and delivering operational performance.
- Working closely with the senior team you will set and lead the site change process by facilitating best practice and sustainable process improvement.
- As Site General Manager you will ensure the site is a highly reliable, responsive and competitive whilst putting safety, quality and delivery first.
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch asap.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref DJ/MIDS or call Dominic on 0161 832 7463 for a confidential discussion.