Engineering Team Leader – NightsSilven Recruitment Posted 22/07/2020
Job Title: Engineering Team Leader – Nights
Location: North West/Lancashire/Greater Manchester
Salary: c£40K + 40% Shift premium & excellent benefits
Exciting and challenging opportunity for an Engineering Team Leader to join a large food manufacturing
- Experience within a similar role within the food or FMCG sector
- Time Served
- Degree qualified
- Demonstrable leadership and record of managing and developing people
Following a restructure within engineering my client is looking to recruit an Engineering Team Leader on nights. Responsible for managing all aspects of the Engineering function with respect to engineers, purchasing, store’s inventory, equipment contracts, PPM’s and planned overhauls.
- Ensure both a safe working environment and a positive safety culture is in place through effective training, coaching and supervision of team members, leading by example, ensuring all safety processes are followed and supporting all safety initiatives.
- Provide clear leadership to the team through effective recruitment, selection, induction training and coaching and performance management in line with policy and agreed procedures.
- Conduct regular, quality performance conversations and annual reviews, challenging and managing poor performance and capability issues to drive improvements in individual and team performance.
- Ensure all products are manufactured to the specified quality in a safe and hygienic manner, exercising due diligence always to meet the Company’s obligation under the Food Safety Act.
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, hygiene and other manufacturing practices (GMP), are achieved and maintained.
- Proactively manage absence (both short and long term) in line with the attendance management procedure.
- Lead the Daily Team Review Meeting ensuring actions are agreed and completed to drive an improvement in safety, quality and cost.
- My client is a major Global player within the food and drink sector with an enviable presence. They are continuing to grow year on year.
- There are very clear career opportunities for high potential individuals.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CJH/7182 to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call me on: 07792 466140.