Engineering SupervisorPosted 26th July 2019 (4 weeks ago)
My client, a food manufacturer has an opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor with excellent fault-finding skills, including PLC’s.
Job Title: Engineering Supervisor
Salary: c£38k + excellent benefits
- Do you have a number of years’ experience as a Maintenance Engineer in a fast-paced manufacturing environment?
- Have you supervisory experience, either managing Engineers or Operators?
- Are you a time-served engineer and educated to HNC level, or equivalent, in Engineering?
- Are you multi-skilled with an electrical bias?
- Do you have PLC skills?
- Are you a team player?
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions, please read on…..
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Supervisor will be responsible for managing engineering activities to support the delivery of the Production KPI’s. The purpose of the role is to optimise the Asset Management System
Lead the Production team to ensure they are engaged and
focus on problem solving and teamwork.
Following standard procedures:
- Recruit and select the right team members.
- Induct new members into the team.
- Build team skills through skills assessment, training, feedback and
- Manage on-going performance of direct reports.
- Identify those who have the interest and ability to progress into bigger or different roles and facilitate this through agreed procedures.
- Manage grievance and disciplinary issues as required with the support of HR as necessary.
- Create and maintain an Asset Management programme for the Production
- Asset register & criticality assessment
- Asset history
- Safety risk assessment
- Machine settings
- Critical parts list
- Autonomous, preventative & predictive maintenance routines
- Identify, prioritise, plan and schedule Production maintenance activities.
- Create & implement project & shutdown plans for Production
- Provide production planner with 1 – 13 week maintenance plan.
- Ensure all engineering work carried out in Production meets the requirements of Quality, Safety, Health & Environment policies & procedures.
- My client is a major player within their market
- They have an excellent reputation with the retail, commercial & food service markets
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/5632 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463