Category Procurement Manager – Farmed Salmon and SpecialitySilven Recruitment Posted 09/12/2020
Category Procurement Manager – Farmed Salmon and Speciality
Company: New England Seafood c/o Silven recruitment
Location: Chessington, Surrey, with flexibility.
Salary: Excellent + benefits
Do you want to work for a successful, growing company who pride ourselves on our supply chain integrity, sustainable sourcing and high-quality products?
“A successful business depends on relationships built on trust and a shared passion to deliver quality of both product and service. At New England we’ve worked hard to achieve success for our business, our customers and for those we work with around the world, whilst remaining sensitive to our responsibility for the environment. We’ve also remembered to have fun along the way!”
This quote from our founder says it all…………………
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
With a c160 million pound turnover and continued year on year growth, it really is a perfect time to join us.
As of October 2020, NESI is owned by Sealaska, an Alaska Native regional corporation for Southeast Alaska formed under federal law in 1971. With more than 23,000 shareholders of Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian background, its purpose is to strengthen its people, culture and homelands. Sealaska invests in and operates businesses that improve the health of our oceans, maintain healthy homelands in Southeast Alaska, and benefit shareholder communities.
This partnership makes joining NESI at this time a very exciting prospect as joining forces will offer both businesses increased access to resources, broader product and category capabilities and deeper market access. The enlarged seafood group and enhanced management capacity provides opportunity for further investments to build on successes.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Category Procurement Manager to own the category vision and strategy and build the long and short term value.
It’s a great role, so if you want the scope to make a difference in a progressive and innovative environment then this could be your next role. This is also a great role to make a name for yourself and progress quickly within the business.
- Demonstrable scientific interest and background, with evidence of applying current research and market events into a deliverable strategy.
- Procurement/commercial experience within the seafood or fresh/chilled FMCG industry.
- Drive, commitment, leadership and a strong cross functional approach to business management.
- A capable leader – able to manage and galvanise a mixed discipline team structure to deliver set projects and achieve the set sales and profit targets.
- Supply chain knowledge backed by strong procurement & negotiation experience.
- Well versed in commercial/P&L autonomy and understands budgets and how to grow sales and profit.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Proven IT, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous people management experience.
- A relevant degree in Aquaculture or similar would be a distinct advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning, designing, and delivering a compelling business plan to deliver increased value on the category in the 12 month and 3-year horizons.
- Species budgeting, forecasting and for driving activity and solutions to fill any shortfalls to target.
- Species specific capex proposals.
- Working with the Category Buying Manager, this role is jointly accountable for defining the commercial sourcing strategy to ensure full availability of target quality fish at lowest possible input cost subject to approved CSR credentials, ensuring both short term and long term security of supply.
- Working with the CSR Director and Technical Director, the role is jointly accountable for defining appropriate engagement with customers, suppliers and NGOs on all relevant CSR related agendas for your species.
- Defining and evolving the channels that your species are sold through – retail, wholesale, food service, fresh, frozen etc
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch asap.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to our retained consultant email@example.com quoting ref EH/CPM or call Emma on 0161 832 7463 for a confidential discussion.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process