NPD TechnologistPosted 10th January 2018 (6 days ago)
Salary: up to £30k
An excellent position has arisen for a NPD Technologist to join a great, growing food manufacturer in Suffolk. This really is an exciting time to be joining the business and develop products, concept to launch!
- Develop new products in response to customer briefs, ensuring that all products meet commercial, technical and customer requirements, with direction from NPD team.
- Effectively transfer products from kitchen to factory, managing factory trials and the PIR process for the successful launch of new products.
- Maintain awareness of new, innovative ingredients, raw materials, suppliers and relevant market trends to enable the development of ‘first to market’ products.
- Develop effective relationships with customers and suppliers regarding the development of products.
- Manage systems and information that can be accessed by all team members and make proposals for continuous improvement where necessary.
- Proactively seek out NPD opportunities and ideas that will enhance business performance and complement customer strategies.
- A flexible approach to travel regarding visiting customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrate a consistent approach to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety procedures throughout the workplace.
- Liaise regularly with operations, commercial and technical teams to ensure smooth lines of communication and understanding.
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Degree in a Food, food science, nutrition or similar.
- Real passion for food, and creative mind
- Understanding of NPD systems
- A positive attitude, open to change with a proactive approach
- Is proactive in establishing good relationships with internal/external customers and staff
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight and demanding timelines
- Demonstrates excellence in all aspects of work
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Roberta.Rad@silven.co.uk quoting RR/3153 or call me on 01618327463 (office) / 0752249801 (mobile) for a confidential discussion.
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: