Health & Safety & Environmental Specialist – FMCGPosted 28th June 2017
This is an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety specialist to join a market-leading food group at their manufacturing site in Greater Manchester.
Role: HSE Specialist Location: Greater Manchester/Lancashire/Cheshire Salary: up to £40k + benefits
· Must have previous experience in a Safety, Health & Environmental role in a manufacturing environment – preferably Food or FMCG.
· You will be NEBOSH qualified
· Strong attention to detail. Planning and organisational skills
· Ability to apply knowledge of Health and Safety/Environmental legislation
· Work well under pressure, be team focused, influential, flexible, a strong communicator and confident
What you’ll be doing:
· Monitor the effectiveness of the SHE policy, recommend changes and ensure practices which are potentially hazardous are brought to Management attention.
· To continually maintain, develop and improve safety and environmental standards.
· Ensure that the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policy is kept up to date and reviewed as necessary.
· Ensure that through a risk assessment and job safety analysis based approach, all SHE issues are eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level around responsibility
· Overall responsibility for controlling all SHE costs associated with training and the purchase and maintenance of equipment
· Continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve SHE and training practices
· My client is a well-known, market-leading manufacturer of food products to all the major retailers.
· Excellent career prospects exist for ambitious individuals.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/2655 in the subject field to email@example.com or call Emma on 0161 832 7463 or 07792 466140.
Job Start Date: